Golf is a super complex game, but once you get in the rhythm of the rules, you are sure to have fun!
Before the game- Read the local rules on the scorecard, put identification on your ball so it does not get lost, and count your clubs (they cannot exceed 14)
Play within the parameter that of the tee
The first tee shot can be scary for all so make sure to play it between the appropriate marks, within two club lengths. With all the swings that a player is thinking about, it can be easy to forget, the penalty for teeing the ball outside of the parameters is two shots in stroke play.
Don’t play the wrong ball
Its easier to do than it sounds! With so many balls being the same brand it can be easy to play another person’s ball. Again, make sure to mark your ball in a specific way so no one plays your ball and you do not play someone else’s. Playing the wrong pall can mean you lose a whole and also will be a penalty of two-stroke penalties in stroke play. If you are unsure of a ball, ask others and then see.
Once you reach the green, make sure to mark the ball with a coin or something small, then lift an clean it but make sure to replace it in its exact spot. You can also fix anyone pitch marks, and other damages such as spike mark attached to green but not on your line, on someone else’s line of put, or an extension of it before completing the hole.
No way to get out of bounds
Not knowing what to do when your ball gets out of bounds is a big problem, especially as a beginner. A ball that goes out of the white stakes must be replayed from the position it was in before it was hit out of bounds with one penalty stroke.
Once it is out of bounds, you have five minutes to find it and if it is lost, you play with a provisional ball, still with the stroke penalty. If it is found within five minutes you can continue with that ball.
If you want quick bullet points of the rules, here you go:
Conclusion: This is just a very short list of rules, make sure to visit the USGA site to see all official rules for 2019! Make sure to visit golf media sites to see where golf is played on your TV! (Visit: https://www.golfchannel.com/ )
● You must play a ball where it lies unless there is a special rule
● The golf course cannot be changed during the game unless there is a special rule
● If you play the wrong ball, you are given two penalty strokes
● When on the green, you can mark the ball to clean it or remove it from another golfers way
● When you put the ball you cannot hit the flag, if you do, it is a two-stroke penalty
● If you lose the ball to water, you can drop another ball behind the hazard and take a penalty stroke
● If you hit a ball out of bounds, you can replay the shot by taking it to its original place and hitting it again, you receive one penalty stroke
● If a ball is unplayable, you can take a penalty stroke and drop the ball behind where it was before
● Maximum of 14 clubs in each golfers golf bag
● Never mark off in front of tee markers